The Ski Lodge Reineke in Bad Gastein was built in 1911/12 by the famous Italian architect Angelo Comini (*1839 - †1916).
Josef and Elise Fuchs, the former constructors and owners of the Villa Reineke, have chosen the name of the hotel according to the mythical creature "fox Reineke". In 1929/30 the house was extended by Franz Xaver Franzmaier according to the plans of the architect Karl Huber from Salzburg.
Since 2010 the Ski Lodge Reineke is owned by the limited company Janus HotelbetriebsgesmbH and in 2012 it was completely renovated.
Today it offers more than 30 elegantly furnished rooms on 7 floors providing cosy living comfort to guests from all over the world.